How To Help After The Las Vegas Concert Shooting

How To Help After The Las Vegas Concert Shooting

How To Help After The Las Vegas Concert Shooting

But while the incident has been called the deadliest mass shooting in United States' history, with at least 50 people dead and more than 400 injured, police still won't call Paddock a terrorist or the incident an act of terrorism. Police cautioned that the death toll could grow. "God bless you!" his tweet read early Monday morning.

Paddock had a private pilot's license and the FAA is gathering his records, according to FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown.

Suspected gunman Stephen Paddock fired indiscriminately into crowds at a country music festival from his vantage point on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay resort. "Right now, we believe he was the sole aggressor and the scene is static".

- The shooting interrupted a performance by country singer Jason Aldean. The music stopped and concert attendees ducked and ran for cover, shouting "get down" and "stay down". LVMPD officers found Paddock dead when they reached his room.

The New York Times reported that the shooting appeared to be at a country music festival and that police were investigating reports of shooting at other venues on the city's famous strip.

The victims were attending the concert across the street. He had first checked into the hotel on September 28.

Close up map locating shooting spree in Las Vegas.

His name is not being released pending notification of next of kin, Las Vegas police wrote in a statement.

"We have no investigative information or background associated with this individual that is derogatory", Sheriff Lombardo said.

A Nevada sheriff has confirmed that one on-duty police officer is in a critical condition and another has been injured in the shooting. "We are pretty confident there is no longer a threat".

Authorities shut down part of the Las Vegas Strip and Interstate 15.

Police say the gunman, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, was eventually killed by police. Police believe he killed himself before they entered his hotel room, and that he legally purchased the firearms with which he committed the massacre.

She says the gunfire persisted throughout the four to five minutes it took her to leave the area.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]