Mom of dead Richardson 3-year-old arraigned

Mom of dead Richardson 3-year-old arraigned

Mom of dead Richardson 3-year-old arraigned

Sini Mathews is being charged with abandoning or endangering a child, according to the Richardson Police Department.

He initially told cops he ordered Sherin to stand outside next to a tree at around 3 a.m., and that he didn't know her location after she vanished overnight.

Wesley Mathews later changed his story claiming that he was trying to get Sherin to drink her milk, but that she wouldn't listen to him and when she finally complied he "physically assisted her in drinking the milk".

Officer Mike Wieczorek of the Richardson Police Department explained to India-West the delay in arresting Sini Mathews after Wesley Mathews' Oct. 23 revelations.

During an interview with police that day, according to an arrest warrant affidavit, Wesley Mathews told police that he and his wife went out to eat with their biological daughter on October 6, leaving Sherin Mathews at home in the kitchen because she wouldn't drink her milk. Wesley Mathews estimated that they left Sherin Mathews alone for approximately an hour-and-a-half. A receipt obtained by police showed the couple purchased only one child's meal in addition to their individual meals, NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth reported.

On Thursday, her attorney Mitchell Nolte thanked Richardson police for allowing his client to surrender.

He said when he could no longer feel Sherin's pulse he "believed she had died" and removed the body from the house.

Sini Mathews' bond was set at $250,000, NBC DFW reported on Thursday afternoon. He's a Dallas native and a graduate of the University of North Texas.

3 a.m.: Sherin Mathews is reportedly last seen by her father, who said he put her in an alley near the family's home because she refused to drink her milk.

On October 7, Wesley Mathews reported Sherin missing.

- The Richardson mother of a girl found dead has formally heard the charges against her. "It's related to the care she was given while in that home". She also sought a probe into the adoption process of Sherin, who was adopted by the Indian-American couple a year ago from Bihar.

Wesley remains jailed on $1 million bail.

Mathews told investigators that the toddler began to choke and after coughing for a while her breathing slowed.

When they returned more than an hour later, Sherin Mathews was still in the kitchen, the affidavit stated. The couple's other child is being placed with family in Houston, Texas, in the wake of her parents' arrests.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]