Man in India Dies After Getting Sucked Into an MRI Machine

Man in India Dies After Getting Sucked Into an MRI Machine

Man in India Dies After Getting Sucked Into an MRI Machine

"He (Maru) was admitted into MRI room with an oxygen tank when no metal items are allowed".

A complaint was registered against the hospital's doctor, Siddhant Shah; ward boy Vitthal Chavan; and ward attendant Sunita Surve, according to the New Indian Express. "The doctor as well as the technician didn't say anything", Maru's relative Harish Solanki told NDTV. On Saturday, the doctor asked us to get her (Laxmibai's) MRI done. MRI scanners use strong magnetic fields, electric field gradients, and radio waves to generate images of the organs in the body.

"We hesitated and my niece Priyanka even mentioned that the cylinder was metallic".

The oxygen cylinder's metal reportedly activated the machine's fatal magnetic field after which the man was pulled with severe force along with the cylinder.

Media reports have suggested that around 8.30 pm on Saturday, a hospital staff member asked him to carry an oxygen cylinder to the MRI room where Maru's relative was scheduled to undergo the MRI scan. "Maru was standing between the trolley and the MRI machine". He was pulled in by the magnetic force of the machine. "As Maru was next to the trolley, he got dragged too". His hand got stuck between the cylinder and the machine. He said,

"An FIR was filed and an enquiry committee has been set up, which will give a report in a week's time."

Relatives of Rajesh Maru, 32, blame the staff for their "massive negligence" in the matter. "Laxmi Solanki was not affected in the incident". We have already launched an internal inquiry to ascertain what went wrong.

His devastated and mourning family has accused the hospital of negligence, saying that the machine should have been switched off before he entered with his sick family member. "Until it is fixed, our patients will be referred to the BMC-run KEM and Sion hospitals for scans". Deputy Municipal Commissioner Sunil Dhamne has set up a committee to probe the incident.

Ramesh Bharmal, the dean of the hospital, told AFP that an investigation had been launched to determine the exact cause of death, adding CCTV footage of the incident had been handed over to police.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced an ex gratia of Rs 5 lakh to Maru's family.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]