Man claims his Apple AirPod implode at Florida

Man claims his Apple AirPod implode at Florida

Man claims his Apple AirPod implode at Florida

He left the AirPods on a piece of workout equipment and got help. But when Colon returned, the AirPod had popped open, and char marks turned parts of the white plastic grey.

Jason Colon was listening to a dance mix at the LA Fitness on 4th Street in St. Petersburg when he noticed something unusual.

Mr Colon says he believes the gadget's battery was responsible for the damage.

AirPods user removed the earbud before it exploded.

"I don't know what would've happened to my ear".


A man in Florida was taken aback when his AirPods started to malfunction and releasing smoke while he was at the gym this week. A search of Apple's support forums turned up two reports of AirPods growing warm or hot after 30 minutes of use. "I don't know what would've happened to my ear", he said.

"It's the craziest thing I ever went through", Colon said.

In this case, the man showed the AirPods to WFLA, a local TV news station, and the earphone in question appears to have some flame damage and does look severely mangled. "Ear lobe could've been burnt".

Apple said it is investigating the issue and will contact Colon soon, according to WFLA. It's a very good revolutionary product which has set new benchmarks in the industry with its first version.

Colon added that he hopes his incident will allow others to be more aware in the future. A similar incident occurred in Australia when a battery inside a pair of wireless headphones exploded during a flight, and of course, there was the saga around the ill-fated Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]