Canadian alleged serial killer facing 7th murder charge

Canadian alleged serial killer facing 7th murder charge

Canadian alleged serial killer facing 7th murder charge

Toronto Police is all set to offer an update into the investigation of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

Det-Sgt. Hank Idsinga says McArthur appeared in court by video this morning.

Later that month, McArthur was charged with the first-degree murder of Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi, and Dean Lisowick.

The update will be live streamed here at 1:30 p.m. McArthur had already been charged with the first-degree murder of six other men who are believed to have died between 2010 and 2017.

McArthur, 66, was wearing an orange jumpsuit and was standing close to the camera during his physical appearance, based on this Toronto Star.

Police are also waiting for warmer weather to investigate other properties associated with McArthur, Idsinga said.

"We really don't know how deep this is going to go", Idsinga said.

Police have identified the remains of more men suspected to have been murdered by alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur as they expand their investigation more than four decades into the past. He said police have received hundreds of tips, but have yet to identify the man in the image.


The man's nephew said Faizi visited Toronto's Gay Village but kept that a secret from family, according to CBC.

The most recent count was laid on Wednesday, when McArthur was formally charged in the death of 42-year-old Abdulbasir Faizi.

Police have been trying to identify the remains of at least seven men found at a property McArthur used as storage for his landscaping business and say he targeted men he met through dating apps that cater to gay men, meeting them at bars in the "Gay Village" area of Toronto, as well as male prostitutes. "At least one set of remains has yet to be identified and the remains of Majeed Kayhan have not been identified".

Idsinga said the investigation has expanded to include 15 homicide cold cases from 1975 to 1997. McArthur popped up onto police radar in the fall of 2017 as part of Project Prism.

August 2017 - Police launch Project Prism to investigate the disappearances of Esen and Kinsman.

McArthur was also charged in the death of Skandaraj Navaratnam in February. He is scheduled to return to court April 25 to find out whether any more evidence has been turned over to the defence. Police Chief Mark Saunders has also initiated an internal review that will become public, and has called for some form of public inquiry.

In March, police also released a photo of a dead man believed to be another victim.

When they then went to police, officers suggested he had probably just left, the relative said.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]