Encounter breaks out between militants and security forces in Srinagar

Encounter breaks out between militants and security forces in Srinagar

Encounter breaks out between militants and security forces in Srinagar

Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday stated that the militant trio, killed in an encounter with security forces in Srinagar's Chattabal area earlier on Saturday, was planning a major terror strike. However, police said that the youth was killed in an accident in Noorbagh. "He was previously involved in case FIR no 83/2017 u/s 392 RPC, 7/25 IA Act, 30 Police Act of police station MR Gunj Srinagar", the spokesperson said.

Minor clashes between protesters and the securitymen were reported from near the encounter site.

He was taken to the S.M.H.S hospital in a critical condition where doctors pronounced him dead. Three photojournalists were said to have been injured in the chaos at the hospital.

"The operation was conducted swiftly and it was over in four hours with no collateral damage, Pani said, adding that four security personnel, who had received injuries during the operation, were stable now".

Police said that on the basis of credible leads, the police and CRPF launched a cordon and search operation in Chattabal area in Srinagar. The protests later spread to many other areas of Srinagar.

Among the injured CRPF personnel is an assistant sub-inspector, said Ravideep Sahi, Inspector General of CRPF.

A video recording has gone viral in Jammu and Kashmir showing a stone pelter being run over by a forces' vehicle leading to his instant death. As the anti-India protests and clashes spiraled, shops in the city shuttered and authorities switched off mobile internet services to make organizing protests more hard.

Indian troops killed three suspected rebels during a gunbattle Saturday in the main city in Indian-controlled Kashmir, officials said, while police blamed insurgents for killing three other men in the disputed region.

At about 3:30 Am the terrorists shot both of them dead.

Meanwhile, a militant opened fire on Special Police Officer Showkat Ahmad Dar near his house in Pulwama's Rahmoo.

In another separate incident of terrorism, two bodies have also been recovered from Bandipora district's Shahgund Hajin area.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]